Monday, August 1, 2011

Multitude Monday...#11-20


Thankful for:

11.  A year of having my daughter.  I can't believe her first birthday is tomorrow!
12.  The locally owned toy shop, Bear-n-Friends.  They offer all sorts of great non-mainstream toys and they have a huge Thomas table with tracks already set up.  Will *loves* going in there.
13.  Rediscovering books already on my shelf.
14.  The fact that Marty makes coffee for me in the mornings whenever he can.  He always seems to be able to anticipate the hard days.
15.  The Proctor & Gamble coupon insert in yesterday's paper (if you're like me, a host of your normal supplies are P&G:  Charmin, Tide, Downy, Pampers, Secret, Gillette, etc.  These coupons are worth their weight in gold.)
16.  Essie nail polish in "Merino Cool" -- fabulous shade of lavender gray.  I may actually keep my nails polished and pretty with this in my beauty stash.
17.  Disposable diapers.  I mean no offense, but the desire to cloth-diaper is as mysterious to me as the Bermuda Triangle.  I just don't get it.  (Especially when we're talking about a 2-year-old's diapers.)
18.  The fact that when I tuck my son in, I use the green-and-white afghan knitted by my Aunt Rita.  Who gave it as a baby gift to my mom for me nearly 35 years ago! 
19.  That Marty and I are harvesting our first crop tonight.  A (single) tomato is going to be plucked from our (lone) tomato plant that's sitting in a large pot on our deck (we live in a condo so we don't exactly own the rights to any dirt).  However, we couldn't be more excited about fried green tomatoes tonight!
20.  Dried eucalyptus.  I just love the way it makes my house smell.

No comments: