Monday, October 3, 2011
101. New fuzzy slippers that look like gray sweaters lined with faux fur. Thank you, Target.
102. The quietness of my house during naptime. Mommy gets to think, read, pray, doze. (On the advice of other moms, I *try* not to do very many chores during this time and intentionally use it to recharge.)
103. Teri, the lovely lady in charge of the nursery at our church. The way she greets Will and Lucy on Sunday mornings, the way she involves me in decisions about their church experience, the way she is so devoted to the safety procedures (even gently scolding me for [accidentally] not following procedure) -- it all adds up to reassured parents who are free to worship without worry.
104. The fact that Will is phrasing! Still not a lot, and still no more than 2-word phrases ("Daddy -- ball" and "Baby -- night-night"), but there's no question that he's crossed that milestone. Hurrah!!!
105. Packages from Indiana containing church dresses for Lucy and blueberry jam for Will.
106. The anticipation of going to...dum-dum-dum -- Monticello!!! In light of my recent Thomas Jefferson kick and in honor of my parents' 37th wedding anniversary (they honeymooned in Virginia), we are headed to Monticello when my parents come for a visit at the beginning of November. I am so pleased at how kid-friendly Monticello is; you can rent strollers from them for use in the house and grounds so you don't have to tote your babies on a walking tour. Yeah!
107. Hand-written recipes from a dear friend and her mom, given to me probably a decade ago now. I've pulled one out for tonight and every time I see that handwriting, it reminds me of the thoughtfulness of the time spent on my behalf. Definitely a gift that keeps on giving...
108. A toy sale on Barnes & Noble (online) last week and free shipping; I now have an item for each of my kids for Christmas and we're barely into October. Shopping has begun!
109. The fact that the "Arrested Development" gang has announced a movie/new season. Funniest. show. ever. (Tip: Rent the DVDs and watch them *in order*; the show builds on itself and episodes do not really stand on their own.)
110. Butterfinger blizzards.