Monday, November 21, 2011
Multitudes on Mondays...#171-180
Even though I have *no* spare time today, I'm still making myself sit down to do this because it's like taking a soul vitamin to stop and just be grateful for a few minutes.
171. That a wedding is not the culmination of a love story (or at least, it shouldn't be). The better, more interesting, most beautiful stuff happens long after the "I do's" have been said.
172. That my husband knows just exactly what to say when I need his encouragement. Last night I was bemoaning the notion that perhaps when they are older, our kids won't want to spend Thanksgiving with us (or will have obligations elsewhere, to their own families or spouses' families). Marty just looked at me and said, "If that happens, we'll fly to New York. I'll take you to a Thanksgiving dinner at The Four Seasons and we'll go see The Nutcracker at The Met. And Love, that's *worst case scenario*." (How did I get this man???)
173. My mom's homemade strawberry jam (and having several jars of it in the freezer).
174. Long email discussions with my dearest friends. I have tears in my eyes thinking of you guys.
175. Handbell choir performances at church.
176. Buy one, get one half-off sales at Shoe Carnival. Now both of my kids have new tennishoes and we saved $20!
177. That my son simply adores his father. If Will happens to be awake when Marty leaves for work, I have to console a weeping little boy who says, "Daddy -- car! Daddy -- car!" over and over again, trying to make me understand that he *needs* to go to work with his Daddy. It breaks our hearts...but in a good way. :)
178. That when I lay Lucy down for the night, I can count on the fact that she will sleep a solid 12 hours and will wake up refreshed and happy. Her first year wasn't the easiest, and memories of it make me even more thankful for her sleeping habits now!
179. Toys that hand down well from kid to kid. (Lucy is currently banging on a toy piano that was given to Will.)
180. For a girl's night out tonight to see "Breaking Dawn" with Jessie!