- Am I the only one alive who doesn't like the look of decorating with empty picture frames? I swear, it's *all over* Pinterest and every last magazine. It was kind of neat to consider at first, even though not my style, but now I'm just over it. A little DIY art would go nicely in those empty frames, what?
- Is there a prettier song in all the world than "Edelweiss"? My kids have a lullabies CD that we occasionally listen to during morning playtime and this song always puts me in the sweetest frame of mind. Plus, I always think of how touching it is when Christopher Plummer's character sings it in "Sound of Music." (Did you take a minute to watch the clip? Did you catch the look between the Captain and Maria at the end? *pure movie magic, y'all*)
- This is perhaps ridiculously premature, but I've started compiling an itinerary for a dream getaway to Paris for me and Marty. It probably won't happen for at least another 5 years (I've hinted broadly at the need for such a trip to celebrate my 40th birthday -- and did I just admit that I'll be 40 in a scant handful of years -- OH MY STARS), but I'm going to indulge myself. And when it comes time, I'll know exactly where I want to go and what I want to do and probably even what I want to wear. To this end, I just signed up for a twice-weekly email newsletter from BonjourParis.com!
- Will's hair curls just at his temples and forehead, a la Napoleon or Julius Caesar. It's one of my favorite things to look at every day.
- I'm still upset about Peyton Manning. I've rained down curses on Jim Irsay's head for doing this to Peyton, to Indiana, and yes, frankly, to ME. Didn't know I was a crazy Colts fan? I didn't either. At least, I always knew I was a big fan but apparently I feel these things pretty deeply (I cried watching the press conference). Came as a shock to me, too! Anyhoo, I've got a gut feeling he's going to Denver, although Marty's gut is leaning toward Tennessee. If the former, he and my boy Tebow could be partners in crime, and Tim could learn a few things from pretty much the greatest quarterback ever, and by the time Peyton retires, Tebow would be the ultimate QB threat. Love that scenario. If the latter, well, Peyton would be in Tennessee and just a hop, skip, and a jump from where we are. And maybe we could go see him play, although tickets would probably go from pretty accessible to pretty impossible...
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
On my mind
Totally random stuff that I feel like dumping here: