- I'm quite late to the party, but tomorrow I'll be starting my own sequence of One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp's dare to chronicle God's daily gifts. My dear friend Kate is already 500 or so into her listing, and I always enjoy what she finds in her life to give praise for. I love this. Can I dare everyone out there to do the same?
- Speaking of daring, can I dare everyone I love to start blogs? My purpose in asking is two-fold: 1) I think it's the best way of keeping up with someone (especially when you live far, far away from everyone you love, like me), and 2) this will get me away from The Social Network some more. I'm really over Facebook but I keep getting sucked in because I log on to see how my peeps are doing!
- I keep thinking about getting new shoes. I don't necessarily *need* new shoes but oh, golly, how'd I love some little red flats with bows, like these? How cute would those be with dark denim and cardies in the fall?
- And yes, I confess, I'm thinking about fall. As a frequent haunter of Hobby Lobby, how could I not be? Those pumpkin spice candles lure me into the aisle and before I know it, I'm smelling woodsmoke and hearing leaves crunching and curling deeper into a sweater because of that delicious bite to the air...
- Marty and I are also already talking about Christmas gifts, but that's not because we want to rush headlong toward the season; it's really the only economical way to "do" Christmas well -- spread out the buying as much as possible. So we logged on to American Girl's website today and saw with dismay (like every other parent) the price tags on the dolls. We looked through the options and we'll probably end up getting Lucy one of the dolls and then add accessories as she gets older (rather than getting several dolls, because you know, if I could afford that, then I could afford to fly to my private island in the Bahamas to celebrate Christmas). I think for this Christmas, though, we'll go with one of their Bitty Baby dolls, which are much more reasonably priced.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
On my mind...and no, it's not Georgia
I wanted to create a recurring post theme to capture whatever happens to be swirling around in the ole noggin' on any particular day, and almost went with "Random." Since so many of my thoughts, both in reality and that which I'll be expressing here, are uber-random anyway, that wasn't sufficient. So, without further ado, here's what's "On my mind," installment uno: