|Why I'm watching the playoffs!|
242. A wonderful birthday, courtesy of my darling Marty. My day started with breakfast in bed of French toast with homemade strawberry syrup, bacon, orange juice, and coffee, which Marty thoughtfully refilled/reheated every 15 minutes or so until I was swimming in coffee! Then he brought the babies in for birthday hugs and kisses and my little family sang to me, then Marty took the babes to go play. I was then left in perfect peace and quiet, and I lounged my heart out, blogging, watching the old Orson Welles version of "Jane Eyre," and dozing. It was absolute bliss.
243. A birthday dinner at Olive Garden that wasn't too stressful, thanks to the neverending supply of breadsticks and two kids who love them! Fettucine alfredo followed by dessert "shots" = brilliant!
244. A birthday package in the mail to me and Marty (his birthday is Christmas Day) from my sister and her hubby -- the newest BBC version of "Jane Eyre" (do y'all sense a theme in my life?) for me, and a Saints t-shirt for Marty!
245. A call from my parents, singing me "Happy Birthday." Very cute and very appreciated.
246. A couple dozen birthday wishes for me on Facebook, from very thoughtful friends who took a moment to love on me. I don't take any token of friendship for granted, and it really made my day!
247. Finding baby blooms on my orchid, that I had thought was dead and was getting ready to throw out. Nope, it was just in a regeneration cycle? I have to read up on proper care of orchids, apparently!
248. The white hyacinth that Marty included on my birthday breakfast tray. It smells like heaven.
249. Helpful parenting advice from girlfriends. We've encountered some bedtime issues with Will and they are driving us batty, but it's so nice to hear "you're not alone" and "we've been there" when seeking advice on this.
250. The fact that Will said the numbers 1-10 *in Spanish* to me this morning, while watching Diego. Sometimes I think the whole speech therapy thing might be a very brief experiment. So thankful!!!